Current Status April Super Camps: Postponed
Current Status After School Clinics: Concluded for Term 1
Please check back regularly for updated Camp Status advice.
The health, safety and welfare of the Motiv8sports community – our campers, coaches, parents and franchisees is, as always, our highest priority.
We are closely monitoring the situation with respect to COVID-19. It is our belief that any information you, the Motiv8sports community, receive with respect to Covid-19 or any other infectious illness be provided by a reputable source.
We are regularly reviewing updates from the Australian Government, the World Health Organisation and the State based Departments of Education.
The advice and updates are changing quickly, so please find below links to key advice:
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Australian government: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- NSW Department of Education: https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety/novel-coronavirus
- QLD Department of Education: https://qed.qld.gov.au/about-us/news-and-media/novel-coronavirus
Based on the current advice from the Government that group gatherings with limited crowds and participants (500 or less) can proceed until further notice – our recommendation is that Motiv8sports Camps, Clinics and Parties proceed as scheduled.
- We strongly encourage that strict hygiene protocols are followed as outlined below
- If anyone associated with a Motiv8sports event is feeling unwell, they should refrain from participating in activities immediately, seek medical advice and where appropriate, advise the Motiv8sports location of their absence
- Further, any members of the Motiv8sports community who are at high risk from a health perspective should follow the medical advice as per the link above
Recommended hygiene protocols
The protocols outlined below are essential to limit our community’s exposure and prevent the spread of germs, in particular as they relate to COVID‐19. These protocols will be implemented at all Motiv8sports events for the foreseeable future.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, using an alcohol‐based hand sanitiser
- Washing or sanitising hands before eating
- Avoid touching of eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home and seeking medical treatment for any Motiv8sports community members feeling unwell
- Covering mouth to cough or sneeze
Motiv8sports event hygiene
- COVID-19 or not, communal use of water bottles should be avoided at all times. All campers should be in possession of their own drink bottle, and should not share with any other campers
- Campers will not be permitted to share drinks, towels, lip balm or sunscreen with others
- Hand sanitisers will be placed in prominent and visible locations with campers, coaches and staff encouraged to regularly use them
- Physical contact between campers such as shaking hands, high fives, use of bibs, pre or post-game huddles will be avoided
- Event staff will regularly wipe down “high-touch” equipment including balls, racquets, paddles, sticks and other equipment used in our sports
- Parents of younger campers are encouraged to wash campers hands before and after events
- All coaches and staff will be educated on the importance of thorough hygiene whilst at Motiv8sports events
- Contact details of parents and students will be maintained should the need for communication be required
- Physical contact coach to camper will be minimised except for essential instruction and safety needs
- We will work with other community groups that share facilities, if appropriate, to implement practices consistent with this communication
Motiv8sports is regularly reviewing all available information to monitor any changes in the situation and to consider implementing any further measures. We are also monitoring the situation as it relates to School closures and the impact any closures may have on our scheduled events.
As such, Motiv8sports will develop recommended guidelines around a range of scenarios, in the event our scheduled camps and/or clinics need to be delayed or cancelled. Further detail around these guidelines will be provided as required.
We will continue to take the advice of the Government and the Departments of Education and will make preparations based on that advice. And we will continue to review our position and will update the Motiv8sports community accordingly.
The Motiv8sports network of franchisees, coaches and staff are committed, strong and resilient. We understand the importance of Motiv8sports events and the impact they have on the lives of so many of our campers. We will work through whatever challenge is ahead with the sole objective of acting in the best interest of the Motiv8sports community.
Should you require any further information it can be sourced here: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov